Thursday, October 3, 2013

What I want to do with my life, and why.

So, if you've read any of my other post, or perhaps know me, you know that I want to be a special effects make up artist. If you don't know me, you now know that I want to be a special effects make up artist.

Some people have recently come to me concerned about my future career, saying how they think its not for me, how its not successful, how I wont get anywhere, how its a pointless field.

I would like to just say that not only horror movies use special effects makeup. Every movie and most non reality/animated TV shows produced now has some element of special effects makeup. I would also like to point out that as a special effects makeup artist, you have to be able to do beauty makeup. Now, I can slightly understand why some people are so close minded to it, because they don't understand it, but others not so much. Yes, I know that for a while I may struggle, but I also know that I can do it, and it will happen. I believe that I'm going to be able to make it, despite the challenges I have and will continue to face. I don't expect to graduate and then get a great job in some big time movie company. I honestly expect to do so many things outside of my field before I even start an internship in some big company. But while I'm doing those other things, I will be doing whatever I can, whenever I can to make it where I want to be. I have to prove to people that I deserve to be where I want to be. They aren't going to hand it to me, and I wouldn't want them to. I have to work for my dream, and I'm going to. I'm so sick of everyone trying to put me down with "my best interest in mind". No offence, but I don't need you to make it. I don't need you to tell me about the problems I'm going to face, and I definitely don't need you to doubt me. If you can't give me your support, then I will make it with out you, and when I'm up there doing movies and with my own makeup line, I'll remember everyone who ever gave me words of encouragement. For those who tried to bring me down and dishearten me, however, they won't be so lucky.

1 comment:

  1. I personally admire your determination and passion. I think your career choice is different and unique, it's not the ordinary "I want to be a doctor or teacher". (Nothing against doctors or teachers because I want to be a teacher)

    ReplyDelete